Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Vegas Food Highlights!

So for those of you who read Alex's Wonderland, you know I just got back from a weekend in Vegas. Thought this would be a fun place to highlight some of the AMAZING FOOD I HAD THERE!!!!

First off, I didn't get a picture, but I got one of my favorites at this snack shack outside of Carnaval Court at Harrah's... GARLIC FRIES! They were delicious! Definitely on par with those from San Francisco... which are pretty damn good. I'm also a little biased- Garlic is definitely my favorite spice. I'll put it in everything if I can.

Next: NOBU at the Hard Rock! For appetizer: Rock Shrimp. SO SO good (Not such a good picture). Really similar to Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish, or Golden Shrimp from Opera in Chicago... different flavors, but all a similar fried shrimp with a chili-mayonnaise based sauce on top of a bed of greens.


For Dinner, we ordered a whole variety of sushi. I'm not big on anything raw, or anything too crazy, but the Soft Shell Crab and Shrimp Tempura rolls were fabulous. It's really crazy how full you can get off of not much sushi!


Next up is FERRARO'S. Delicious Italian. So many good things on the menu and specials that it was hard to decide, but I went with the Lobster with mushrooms and a White Wine sauce. Amazing. The sauce was so light, but perfect. We also had this lemon cake for dessert that was absolutely delicious... again a real light flavor but still so rich and delicious. Definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for GOOD Italian!


Now this was from the Terrace Cafe (I think...) at the Wynn. Lobster Shrimp Salad, also with some crab, which held it together perfectly. The amount of sauce holding it together was minimal, and it was truly the best meat based "Salad" I have ever ever had! Perfect for lunch.





3 comments:

  1. I love Ferraro's! I've only eaten there for lunch (with my boss's boss... free Ferraro's tastes even better). It was delicious! I want to make that lobster dish you had! p.s., i will email you the recipe for carbonara soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah how i love food blogs lol we should follow each other :]

    ps thanks for the comment I shall try the recommended shot LOL i am going to be so sick lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm..... they're all very yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete