Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkin Cream Pasta


You guessed it: another Pumpkin recipe. I promise this will all be over at least by Thanksgiving. I still have a few more things I want to try, but I won't get too crazy on you. As I mentioned in the last post, this idea came from my Dad talking about some Pumpkin pasta he had at some restaurant. I googled recipes, found one, and kind of went from there. Pumpkin is a great addition to any basic alfredo, it makes it a little thicker, creamier, and gives it a kind of sweet taste. I thought it turned out REALLY well... and I will definitely be making it again in the future!!!

Ingredients

8 ounces pasta of your choice (I used whole wheat fettuccine)
Olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 lb boneless skinless chicken (breasts/tenderloins)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves
Salt/Pepper to taste
Shredded Parmesean Cheese

Directions

Cook pasta according to package. Meanwhile, melt butter and coat chopped pecans. Spread on baking sheet and broil for only a few minutes. Keep a close eye on them so they do not burn! After a minute or two take them out and toss them, then put back in.


Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and heat on medium-high heat until it gets a little bubbly, then add garlic and cook for another two minutes. Cut chicken into bite size chunks and add to garlic/oil. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through (around 8-10 minutes).


In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, chicken broth, whipping cream, sage, and about a teaspoon of salt. Pour into the pan with the chicken. Continue to cook on medium heat for about 4 minutes until heated through, then add the pasta to the mixture.


Before service, sprinkle with pecans and parmesean cheese if desired.



Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment