Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Homemade Guacamole


I have been craving guacamole for days. Really random, I know. Even more random considering I didn't even like guacamole until earlier this year. Anyways, I looked through a few recipes, and came up with this one... the Garlic Chili Paste really just adds a little bit of extra kick and can be left out if you want. Really all of the other ingredients can be adjusted to taste preference as well!


Ingredients

3 Avocados
1/2 Small Onion, Chopped
1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, Chopped
1 Small Roma Tomato
1/2 Lime
1 Heaping Tablespoon Sour Cream
1 Teaspoon Thai Garlic Chili Paste
1 Tablespoon Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste

Avocado Side Note: I'm not going to lie, I could not have described to you what one of these looked like before I went to the store. I had, however, read that you know when it's RIPE but not TOO RIPE by pressing on it- you don't want it to be hard, but you don't want it to be "too squishy". I was that woman in the grocery store grabbing every single one trying to find the perfect avocados. This was the worst of the 3... I just scooped out the little brown parts. Just cut them in half around the center section, pop it out, and the flesh should be pretty easy to scoop out of the outside.


Directions

Half the avocados, remove the center, and scoop the flesh into a bowl. Use a fork or potato masher to mash the avocado.


Add remaining ingredients, squeezing the juice from the half of lime, and mix. If needed, mash the mixture until it reaches the desired smoothness. (I like it a little chunkier)



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment