Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Straight from the Store

I think I'm going to add on a little "Straight from the Store" segment with recommendations of delicious STORE BOUGHT things that require no cooking at all!!!

We'll start with Edy's Peppermint Ice Cream. I almost always forget about this outside of the holiday season, but saw it on a little trip to the grocery with my mom and had to pick it up. If you're a fan of Peppermint, it is truly the best ice cream ever! REALLY light and fluffy, you almost feel like you're eating a creamy, minty flavored, cotton candy!

Another little something we picked up was this $5.99 bottle of The Little Penguin Chardonnay. I was just looking for a cheap white to try out, and my mom actually spotted this. Given my complete obsession with Penguins I had to try it. It wasn't the BEST Chardonnay I've ever had, but it was still pretty good, and definitely worth the 6 dollars. (By the way- a lot of people fall into the trap of thinking expensive wines are better, and that's not always the case!!! Mirassou is one of my favorite whites and not very expensive at all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment